homestead - Re: [Homestead] Cooking day

  • From: "Warren F. Smith" <WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Cooking day
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2006 14:24:12 -0400

>> Does anyone know anything about gas powered freezers?
>>That might be an option for future.
>> Any other questions I haven't asked?
>>
>>Thx
>>Van Dell

ThatÂ’s a lot of questions. I have an old Servel gas refirgerator as a
backup/shop/beer fridge. It runs on propane. A LOT of propane. I think
electricity is a more efficient source of cooling than the gas. When
propane shot up in price I turned the Servel off and am using a small
electric for now. I am not aware of a gas freezer available for sale.

Warren