homestead - Re: [Homestead] what can we do?

  • From: "Lynda" <lurine AT softcom.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] what can we do?
  • Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 22:51:53 -0700

They already are. There are several court cases now where these brilliant "diagnosticians" they place in schools have had kids stuck on drugs and/or committed to facilities for their supposed mental illnesses.

I'd suggest anyone with kids get ahold of a Teen Screen test and a couple of the others they are using in both hospitals and public schools. Quite interesting if you don't have kids in schools. Down right scary if you do!

Lynda
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marie McHarry" <mmcharry AT dtnspeed.net>

That scenario might happen if people who are insane managed to manifest
symptoms early on. They don't. Many go along for years acting perfectly
normal -- in fact, being normal. Later in life, something triggers their
latent propensity and they begin to hear voices or want to buy condominiums
or whatever. So long as they are not a threat to themselves or others, they
can just soldier on until they are dead broke. It would be ever so much
better all around if a competent person could be assigned guardianship. It
would save the state money and the relatives grief.

The way things are now, I don't see anyone out there identifying children as
being insane -- ADHD, maybe, but that's still not insane.

Marie