homestead - Re: [Homestead] what can we do?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] what can we do?
  • Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 16:04:15 -0500

I hope this isn't true. Can we verify? Levi's is one of the jeans
companies that are BLUE, and support the democratic party rather than
the red/nazi/neo-cons

Do not be misled by party slogans and historical tendencies. Do not knee-jerk to sophisticated media mongers. The modern politician uses whichever party he feels gives him the best chance to do what he wants and his first priority is getting elected and then reelected. While there are some seniors like Ted Kennedy and John McCain who are fairly dependable in reflecting their parties' historical philosophies, most are pretty swishy and do whatever they need to do to remain in office.

In spite of incredible differences in perception of "truth" from the same set of facts, most members of the DC Whorehouse lean toward the middle unless their prevailing constituencies are near the fringes. An example of today's political undependability is Bush, who came to power posing as a conservative but whose fiscal behavior is far from traditional Republican.

Unless the incumbent is truly outstanding in your view, always vote against the incumbent and for the newcomer. The only way to get a politician's attention is to have them believe their reelection is in question. At that point they will dependably say whatever their polls say you want to hear.

Your strongest vote is at the cash register at the end of the checkout counter. Large companies control politicians. Consumers can control companies by buying or not buying their products.