homestead - Re: [Homestead] what can we do about water hemlock?

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] what can we do about water hemlock?
  • Date: Sat, 06 May 2006 08:49:49 -0500

on the mower destroying water hemlock. Does anyone know a way to eradicate
the stuff permanently short of using Roundup(which I'm considering)?

Thanks for bringing up the subject; I had been ignorant of the nasty stuff. I did a search and from the looks of it I may have some. The leaves seem similar to those of walnut sprouts. The flower is similar to Queen Anne's Lace, so it's good that the leaves are so different, the former like carrots and hemlock like a nut tree sprout.

Roundup! Horrors! For shame! As penance, please explain to the group the reason you would never use Roundup but would always seek the generic glyphosate.