homestead - Re: [Homestead] self-fulfilling prophecy -

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] self-fulfilling prophecy -
  • Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 09:39:24 -0700

We who 'take politics less seriously' can be
anything from ignorant of how we are
affected and what we can do about it, to
having too much on our *empty* plates
(doesn't make logical sense, does it ?) to
spend the required time studying political
issues to be able to *do* anything about
them.

Yes. Perhaps it is the inevitable march of evolution. Those who are smarter succeed, while those less endowed with smarts, survive, or try to.

Most of us don't care much for politics--that's why the DC Whorehouse stays in bad business--and for those of us who see the need, trying to sort through the enormous amount of disparate material is a daunting challenge.

There is always choice, no matter how difficult the effort required, and choices have results. Never forget Jefferson's admonition.