homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homestead tools

  • From: "Toni Hawryluk" <tonihawr AT msn.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homestead tools
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:16:59 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: Gene GeRue<mailto:genegerue AT ruralize.com>

> >I wish I could remember brand names - the
> >hardware is formed metal for the ends of the
> >2x?s to join them ... Anybody know what
> > the 'things' are called ?

> Nails.

No, funny man, the brand name for the formed
metal pieces that hold the build-fast/"collapsible"
shed together ... next time I'm in the hardware
store I hope I remember ...
From: "Toni Hawryluk" <tonihawr AT msn.com>
To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:22:13 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: keith bellinger<mailto:bartermn AT epix.net>

>>> I wish I could remember brand names - the hardware is formed metal
>>> for the ends of the 2x?s to join them ... Anybody know what the
>>> 'things' are called ?
>>>
>> Nails.
>>
> HaHa. Joist hangers?

Thanks, Keith - that is what they are *like*
but they are made in specific shapes to
form a peaked roof as well to hold the walls
together - one buys a kit for a specific size
of shed/building and by getting the correct
lengths of 2x?s there is no lumber-cutting
necessary ...