homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homestead tools

  • From: "Robert Walton" <waltonrp AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homestead tools
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 07:05:33 -0500

A battery charger-
when it's some distance into town this is a BIG help. If you have the extra money get one with a boost/start setting. This does not have to be a big spendy unit, it's used very infrequently but when you need it you need it.

Rob

My last stint on land brought home the reality of just how citified I have become.

I took 2 gas cans for the bushwacker and chainsaw. One was full the other empty. Forgot to fill the 2 gallon can when in town. Town is about 15 miles each way. When I needed gas and realized that I had to drive 30 miles round trip to buy 2 gallons of gas (burn 2 gallons in the truck to buy 2 gallons for the can), I wished I had some plastic tubing in my tool chest - to make a siphon hose. :>)

Rob

---
This mail is certified Virus Free.