homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homestead tools

  • From: "Toni Hawryluk" <tonihawr AT msn.com>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homestead tools
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 10:53:27 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: Robert
Walton<mailto:waltonrp AT bellsouth.net> My last stint on land brought home the
reality of just how citified I have become. I took 2 gas cans for the
bushwacker and chainsaw. One was full the other empty. Forgot to fill the 2
gallon can when in town. Town is about 15 miles each way. When I needed gas
and realized that I had to drive 30 miles round trip to buy 2 gallons of gas
(burn 2 gallons in the truck to buy 2 gallons for the can), I wished I had
some plastic tubing in my tool chest - to make a siphon hose. :>) Rob

Well, I did say hose/s didn't I ? Although
a second meatbasting kitchen-gadget would
have done the job. And neatly, too. Have you
seen the type that is a long clear cylinder of
plastic, pinched at the business end, with a
?rubber? bulb at the other end to provide the
vacuum ? Like a huge eye-drop dispenser ....
I think outboard engines for small boats have
a tool like that - and then there is the one
for testing radiator fluid ... etc.