homestead - RE: [Homestead] Homestead tools

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net, homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Homestead tools
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 06:38:49 -0800

At 11/18/2004, you wrote:
To help organize some of my stuff in the shop, I bought a few big plastic
storage bins from Big Lots. They're probably 3-1/2' long by 2' deep and 18"
or so deep. They have casters at one end and a handle molded in on the
other.

I use something similar to take tools to job sites. They are by Stanley and have two drop ins. I plan to get another and place both in the back of the trailer for the small tools.

As for taking things to job sites, I recently bought a huge cross box. The owner bought a small pickup and sold me his old cross box. I can carry 6 milk crates in the box but usually only have 4 leaving an empty space for extension cords and air hoses.

That brings to mind a very handy tool. I have a portable air compressor to run air brad and finish It is so handy that I rarely run the big compressor any more.nailers.

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com