homestead - Re: [Homestead] Homestead tools

  • From: Gene GeRue <genegerue AT ruralize.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Homestead tools
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 08:22:43 -0700

And yet just the other day I was telling someone that I'll never buy from Sears again. My mother bought me a Sears finish nailer when I started our knotty pine in the cabin. She asked the clerk if the gun would accept other brand nails and was told yes. It won't as far as I can learn.

One of my belt sanders uses 4 x 21-inch belts. Couldn't find replacement belts here in America's fifth biggest city. The positive part of the story is that I have now found several woodworkers' supply stores that I didn't know about. Finally, one clerk in such a store asked me if the sander was a Craftsman. I said, duh, I never look at the brand; I really don't know. He suggested checking at the Sears store. There I found an assortment of 4 x 21-inch belts. I bought two in each of three different grits. I came home and looked. Yep, it's a Craftsman.