homestead - [Homestead] Heat Question

  • From: Kathyann Natkie <knat AT sprintmail.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Homestead] Heat Question
  • Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 07:42:55 -0500

I know I have the formulas to settle this in the myriad of links I've clipped over the years but could one of you knowledgable types help me settle a debate please?
If one had a room with less glazing than needed to heat it optimally (warm only at 2pm on a sunny day so supplemented by woodstove) and one put black 55 gal drums of water in front of the glazing that is there. Would it make the room colder? Why or why not?
Thanks. This debate rears its head every year. (close cousin to the discussion about the "space heater" that is a panel fully inside the room.)

Kathyann