homestead - RE: [Homestead] Re: The Choice

  • From: "Warren F. Smith" <WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Re: The Choice
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:46:13 -0400

Gene mis-spoke:

>>Well, of the other party, Clinton, whom knee-jerkers label a
>>"tax and spend
>>liberal," worked us out of the debt caused by and inherited from two
>>Republicans. By the time he left office, a huge surplus was
>>predicted

No one has worked us out of debt, least of all Clinton. You are confusing
debt with budget deficit. The best thing about Clinton was that first, he
couldn't get his cabinet appointed in a timely fashion, causing a loss of
post election momentum. Second, his administration mishandled health care,
Waco and then his own personal problems with keeping his pants zipped. These
problems in effect paralyzed him and kept him from doing anything of merit
economically. The Republican sweep in '94, ala "Contract with America"
further tied his hands.

The best thing about Clinton, for the years he was in office was that he was
a do nothing president who stood for nothing.

---
Hey, we check all the outgoing mail and certify it Virus Free.