homestead - Re: [Homestead] Re: The Choice

  • From: Rob <becidawa AT hctc.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Re: The Choice
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 01:46:08 -0700

I've given this election a lot of thought, the two "main" candidates are really not that different.
They are both from money, both went to the same institution of higher learning, hell they both belong to the same secret society!

There are some minor differences in the political parties they belong to, one is borrowing and spending the other has the rep of taxing and spending.
One thinks big business can best manage the people and the other thinks the govt should do it.
I guess you could try and follow the money to see where it ends up but I suspect a lot of it goes into the same colored suit pocket. That suit is just worn by a different person depending on who 'won' the election. From where I sit there is not a lot of difference in that pocket... it's never going to be mine.

The current political party holding all the power is getting what they can while they can. They have the attitude that "making money is good for everyone". With that in mind they found the best to write the mining laws, who knows better than the mine owners? The prescription drug plan sure look to have been written by that industry... I could go on but why?
The other party knows that they can make things better for everyone by passing more laws and spending more money... a bigger-better govt IS the answer.

There is a difference of sorts between the two men. One, when called back in the 60's went to war the other didn't... sort of. Just what he did has never been made clear. His present circle of people didn't go either but their "why" is public record.

I guess by now I've either been called a knee-jerk liberal and deleted because there is no need to listen to a leftie. Or maybe just another right wing fascist because I can't see the clear difference between the two, so why bother reading?
I guess it's easier that way....

I'd like to vote for Nader again but I don't think my grandkids can afford the borrow & spending going on right now. (It's a hell of deal for someone, you lend the govt money, they will pay you interest on the money forever and then they will spend that borrowed money on your products! It's a win-win for everyone but me, my kids and my grandkids...)
If you apply the "appearance of impropriety" standard to this administration it comes out smelling like a dead skunk in the middle of the road.

The idea of another liberal in the... never mind. FWIW the best thing for us would be one party controlling the house, the other party the Senate and a third party in the Whitehouse. Not going to happen.... Was Nader "allowed" on the ballot in enough states to actually win the Electorical College?

Bush has to go, Kerry isn't the right one and there is no real third choice. When we flip the coin on the second of Nov it's going to be "Heads I win, Tails you loose" and we the people will not be the winners.

Ya, I'm just another knee-jerk fascist liberal right winger who wishes there was still a Leader running instead of all those politicians.

Rob
becidawa AT hctc.com

Let's end the two party system, get your State to support an open primary election. Everybody for an office on the same ballot with the top two vote getting making it to the general election!