homestead - Re: [Homestead] Stocking up on food

  • From: Don Bowen <don.bowen AT earthlink.net>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Stocking up on food
  • Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 13:10:28 -0700

At 10/3/2004, you wrote:
And potatoes - in chunks - and throw out half the chunks that will have absorbed at least some of the sodium that makes all packaged food so tasty.

A recent trip to Trader Joes, I rejected most of the pre packaged foods because they all had huge qualities of salt.

I am serious about this - you can also counter the overload of salt-and-preservatives somewhat if you *faithfully* eat a banana-a-day. That 'presentation' of potassium has worked to lessen and even control the ankle-swelling I am subject to because one of my 'comfort foods' is packaged Polish sausage ...

I have to take a potassium pill because the BP pill robs the body of potassium and bananas cannot make up the difference.

Don Bowen
Awl Knotted Up Woodworking
Valley Center, CA http://www.braingarage.com