homestead - Re: [Homestead] Stocking up on food

  • From: Rob <becidawa AT hctc.com>
  • To: homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Homestead] Stocking up on food
  • Date: Sun, 03 Oct 2004 09:45:19 -0700

At 10/3/2004 08:30 AM, you wrote:
Are we talking Ramen noodles or Ramen Cup of Soup? The Ramen Noodles are
24/$2.98 up here and the best price for the Cup of Soup is 3/$1.00. There
are some places that get the Ramen Noodles in every so often for 12/$1.00.

Lynda

Some years back ('81?) I spent a few weeks on the American River, back then there were lot's of people gold mining full time (placer gold). Anyway, once a month or so they would catch a ride up the hill to the hwy & hitch into Sacramento. They would sell the gold, go shopping and come back. After the party they would start the trip up or down the river to their claim with their 'supplies'. All I remember are these skinny guys heading out with large paper shopping bags full of ramin noodles.
<shrug>.
Living free until the rangers found them....

Rob
becidawa AT hctc.com