homestead - RE: [Homestead] Stocking up on food

  • From: "WF Smith" <WarrenSmith AT PalmettoBuilders.net>
  • To: <homestead AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Homestead] Stocking up on food
  • Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2004 09:58:04 -0400

Just a thought-

I think Ramen noodle soup packs are still 5 for a dollar, unless George Bush
has raised the price. Basically bouillon and noodles, it makes a good base
to which you can add meat. Also, you will be pleasantly surprised by the new
MRE's that can be bought from an army surplus store. They even come with
cool little devices by which they can be cooked. The bonus book of
damp-proof matches that comes in every pack is a plus. I miss the little
four packs of Marlboros that tasted and smelled like formaldehyde.
(President Bush made them take the cigs out).

Warren
---