freetds - Re: Changes required to compile with libtool 1.2

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Craig Spannring <cts AT internetcds.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Changes required to compile with libtool 1.2
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 09:04:27 -0600 (MDT)

Andreas Tille writes:
> On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Steve Sherwood wrote:
> > You need the Java v1.1 compiler to compiler the JDBC drivers.
> > One of the classes had two public functions within one source
> > file. Moving this out allowed me to compile cleanly.
> > (TimeoutHandler.class I think)
> Yes, that's exactly the point where jikes stummied.

The latest stable release (0.47) compiles it without the problem. I
don't know about the unstable releases.

> By the way, what about building a jar file from the classes.
> I'm really new to Java but I thought it would be the flavour
> how packages would be shipped, right?

Okay, okay, I'll put a jar file in the ftp directory.
(It's already in the Makefile in the CVS sources.)

Life is short. | Craig Spannring
Bike hard, ski fast. | cts AT internetcds.com
Any sufficiently horrible technology is indistinguishable from Perl.