freetds - Re: Changes required to compile with libtool 1.2

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Serge Knystautas <sergek AT lokitech.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Changes required to compile with libtool 1.2
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 15:06:15 -0400

Steve Sherwood wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Aug 1999 08:37:07 +0200 (CEST), Andreas Tille wrote:
> My first attempt was to install apache for NT, and Jserv etc
> and use the JDBC->ODBC bridge. This however caused random
> seg violations in java.exe ! At the time I didn't realize
> software like TDS was available.

We've noticed on multiple machines as well that JDBC-ODBC is effectively
broken in Win32 JDK 1.2.2 (with hotspot and without), meaning, it will
give the segment violations, or a kernel crash, when you try to access a
SQL Server 7.0 database through the sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver. We've
sent in bug reports on this but haven't heard a response. For now we're
stuck using JDK 1.2.1 until the FreeTDS is a little more robust for
production use.

Serge Knystautas
Loki Technologies
http://www.lokitech.com