freetds - Re: Changes required to compile with libtool 1.2

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Re: Changes required to compile with libtool 1.2
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 10:5:31

Hi,

The freetds_jdbc driver is a standalone driver that does not require the
freetds C libraries.

Anyway, it looks like I'm going to have to dig into the libtool stuff (I
had a problem with my RH 6.0 at work this morning too). Problem is that
I'm not all that up on autoconf either. I know that the ltconfig that comes
with freetds is clashing with aclocal (which is 1.4 for me) and tries to
call ltconfig with --no-reexec which fails.

Anyway, I'd be very interested in deb packages for the libraries, even if
you couldn't maintain the C version, creating it would be a big help.

The samples directory has to be built manually (unfortunately). I'm going
to try to fix this sometime...It's mostly just test programs I use in
development anyway.

Brian