freetds - Re: Changes required to compile with libtool 1.2

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Andreas Tille <tillea AT rki.de>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Changes required to compile with libtool 1.2
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 17:23:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999, Brian Bruns wrote:

> I know that the ltconfig that comes
> with freetds is clashing with aclocal (which is 1.4 for me) and tries to
> call ltconfig with --no-reexec which fails.
Was the autogen.sh helpfull for you. This creates some scripts
which overrides the ones from the distribution.

> Anyway, I'd be very interested in deb packages for the libraries, even if
> you couldn't maintain the C version, creating it would be a big help.
May be I'll find the time to do the first step to a package.
I really think about packaging the freetds_jdbc driver.
Unfortunately the driver installation process wasn't successful on
my installation. I've got it working now but only after I got
all the classes from Juergen Kreileder <kreilede AT issan.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
vie mail. This is not a good starting point.
I'll try the latest snapshot soon, but I'm not really sure if
the problem was caused by freetds_jdbc driver or my local Debian
installation.

If I'd managed to build the Debian package (may be I'd have further
question) I'll inform you anyway.

> The samples directory has to be built manually (unfortunately). I'm going
> to try to fix this sometime...It's mostly just test programs I use in
> development anyway.
If I should package the library I think there is a big need for any
test suite or a working example. I would not upload any package
if I'm not able to do at least a basic test.

Kind regards

Andreas.