freetds - Re: Changes required to compile with libtool 1.2

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Steve Sherwood" <stephens AT cabletron.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Changes required to compile with libtool 1.2
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 09:33:55 +0100

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999 08:37:07 +0200 (CEST), Andreas Tille wrote:

>Nice to hear that I'm not alone :).

Yeah.. it's all good fun :-)

>By the way, what about building a jar file from the classes.
>I'm really new to Java but I thought it would be the flavour
>how packages would be shipped, right?

Probably would be a better way. I couldn't be bothered for
my installation. At the time I was happy enough just to get
it all working !

My first attempt was to install apache for NT, and Jserv etc
and use the JDBC->ODBC bridge. This however caused random
seg violations in java.exe ! At the time I didn't realize
software like TDS was available.

I'm not sure (Other than collecting all of the classes into
a single file) if there is any advantage of creating a jar
file...

Steve

---
Steve Sherwood - stephens AT ctron.com - (01635) 810517
| Just like Pariah I have no name | Never feed your cat |
| Living in a blaze of obscurity | anything that clashes |
| Need courage to survive the day | with the carpet... |
(A)bort (R)etry (I)nfluence with large hammer