freetds - Re: Changes required to compile with libtool 1.2

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Steve Sherwood" <stephens AT cabletron.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Changes required to compile with libtool 1.2
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 15:54:15 +0100

On Thu, 19 Aug 1999 10:23:03 +0200 (CEST), Andreas Tille wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm really new to this list and all the TDS stuff and hopefully
>could solve all my problems in the future.

What you are doing is exactly the same as me, apart from I'm
using Solaris 2.7 and the Sun java comiler/runtime.

You need the Java v1.1 compiler to compiler the JDBC drivers.
One of the classes had two public functions within one source
file. Moving this out allowed me to compile cleanly.
(TimeoutHandler.class I think)

Installation worked apart from it missed one file (TdsInstance.class)

If you want, I can send you the compiled .class files. You can
then just extract them into say, /usr/local/share/LocalJava. Add
this path to the jserv.properties file.

wrapper.classpath=/usr/local/share/LocalJava
wrapper.classpath=/usr/local/share/jsdk.jar
(The second is the java servlet developement kit classes)

With the lastest Apache server, and JServ v1.1 everything works
very well (Quite fast).

Rgds
Steve

---
Steve Sherwood - stephens AT ctron.com - (01635) 810517
| Just like Pariah I have no name | Never feed your cat |
| Living in a blaze of obscurity | anything that clashes |
| Need courage to survive the day | with the carpet... |
(A)bort (R)etry (I)nfluence with large hammer