ch-scene - Re: stuff to do, week of February 28, 2009

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: James Hepler <hepstyle AT gmail.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: stuff to do, week of February 28, 2009
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 15:25:05 -0500

!!!

I've always seen Ross and myself as being symbiotic rather than "this town
isn't big enough"

You should have some musicians represented on that panel, BTW.
Self-promoters. There has been much discussion in smokey back rooms between
bands and labels and others about creative ways to spread the word. Not to
insert myself in your secondhand freespace planning!

Shit, we could probably hash this all out over a few frames at village
lanes!

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 3:11 PM, <local506 AT gmail.com> wrote:

> I normally don't like it when people butt into arguments to promote
> their own event, but the next Secondhand Freespace will be discussing
> this very topic - using the Internet to market music. The panel will
> include folks from Reverbnation, Merge Records, knowthemusicbiz.com
> and others who operate in this realm. It'll take place on Wednesday,
> April 1st.
>
> Maybe afterward, James and Ross can have a duel!
>
> glenn/506

Der Weg ist das Ziel