ch-scene - Re: stuff to do, week of February 28, 2009

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: stuff to do, week of February 28, 2009
  • Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 13:05:26 -0500

James Hepler wrote:

Meanwhile, by
now most local music fans know that something goes on at Tir Na Nog every
Thursday night, and they know how to find it if they want to.

Meaning "by driving down there under the assumption it's gonna be good"? Which is certainly a good habit to encourage, at least among Raleighites, but the rest of us might want to know in advance who's playing ;-)

I don't
disagree with you about the website needing to be more accurate and helpful,
but I do think that complaining about it in this particular place/way is
silly.

But this is the place where I complain about things! This and, um, Facebook. At this point I think more people see my Facebook updates than read this particular list, so . . .

Feel free to similarly foam about Bull McCabes not having put the full
details of their 3/14 rock show on their website yet.

Bull McCabe's has shows? I don't even bother to check their website (they have a website??) on my weekly trawl through the sites, so they're non-existent to me. And I live a block away from the place, and walk by it four or five times a week on my way to Toast or The Pinhook.

Last time I saw bands there was Troika, and while that was a great show, it also made me not ever want to see bands there again . . .

Schooner, Erie Choir,
Shipwrecker, Lynn Blakey, Zeno Gill, Greg Humphries, Regina Hexaphone, and
The KinKsmen. Music from 4pm until whenever it stops. No charge, raffles,
etc. My defense in this case is that their a pub and rarely have rock shows
and would like to rely on people like you, Ross, to help them out,
preferably without all of the bitching.

If they would like to rely on people like me to help them out, then someone involved should let me know about the show, as this is literally the first I have heard about it.

And by "let me know" I mean something *other* than adding a Facebook event invite to the list of 300 unread Facebook event invites I have pending. I don't look at them, because it seems that everybody & his brother wants to invite me to things, most of which I'm unable to attend. It makes me sad, these reminders of many exciting social events I'll be skipping, so I manage my pain by ignoring that whole section of Facebook.

Ross