ch-scene - Re: stuff to do, week of February 28, 2009

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: local506 AT gmail.com
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: stuff to do, week of February 28, 2009
  • Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 12:54:21 -0800 (PST)

>>You should have some musicians represented on that panel, BTW.

Mike Robinson from Annuals will also be on the panel - that band
seemed to know a little something about using myspace to their
advantage before anyone in this town (at least, Chapel Hill) knew who
they were!

>>I really hope they address Ross' point that Facebook (and the other similar
>>sites) are "walled gardens,"

The goal is not just talk about social networking sites, but also
other things bands can do to promote themselves online. I agree that
much of Facebook is preaching to the converted, so hopefully the
conversation will go much deeper.

I'm not actually on the panel so won't have much control over what is
actually discussed, but we have both a Facebook and Myspace page if
you want to offer suggestions in advance (or better yet, just show up
- half of the panel is Q&A!)

glenn