ch-scene - Re: stuff to do, week of February 28, 2009

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: grady <grady AT ibiblio.org>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: stuff to do, week of February 28, 2009
  • Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 12:44:47 -0500

I can only assume you're joking. God forbid that random people be able to google a venue, find their website, and have a reasonable expectation of learning what shows are happening there.

I have no doubt that Chris is doing an excellent job in communicating with *the bands*, and it sounds like he's trying his best to get the word out about shows, but if a venue is going to *have* a website with an events list (and without any links on that events list to a more-current MySpace page or whatever), then I would argue that it would behoove the venue to keep that shit current.

It's cute to see you throwing a bone to Reverbnation. How many Green Stamps do you get for doing that?

James Hepler wrote:

But aren't websites outdated by now? Hell, facebook seems to rule the
roost. And reverbnation.