ch-scene - Re: On Durham and identity

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Nathaniel Florin <npflorin AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: On Durham and identity
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 17:58:11 -0700 (PDT)

--- Joel Peck <joelpeck88 AT hotmail.com> wrote:

> On a side note: one of my favorite political
> hardcore bands, Born Against,
> have a youtube clip from a Durham show in 1992 or
> so. I don't know the
> circumstances for why they played there, but I can't
> picture them anywhere
> else in the Triangle. Was anyone there?

I was perplexed by this, but I did some digging and
found that, unfortunately, that Durham was Durham,
England. See #153:

http://www.sammcpheeters.com/music/ba-shows.htm

Frankly, in their lifetime, I couldn't imagine Born
Against playing anywhere in the Triangle. Maybe
Greensboro, and Winston-Salem is close enough, but
twice in Charlotte?

Nate