ch-scene - Sights&Sounds[4.1]Mar07

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: keith <wardke1 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: wardke1 AT yahoo.com
  • Subject: Sights&Sounds[4.1]Mar07
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2007 14:07:07 -0700 (PDT)

hyspaWednesday - 4/4 - Mosaic Tapas & Wine - The groove and the mood shifts
up the Glenwood strip for social cavorting moderated by fine wines and tapas.
Hosted by Samad. Music by Felonious Funk. 6p-10p. Mosaic Wine Lounge, 517
W. Jones St., Midtown Raleigh - www.myspace.com/mosaicwinelounge

Wednesday - 4/4 - Intro - Spring happens on the patio. New sounds by
Yoruba Records, Frankie Valentine, Martin Solveig plus other recent and aged
beats. Music by Keith. 8ish to 11ish. Helios, 413 Glenwood Ave, Midtown
Raleigh - www.myspace.com/keithmward

Friday - 4/6 - FM Grand Opening/Afterparty - First Friday brings new gear
and sounds as FM Goods and Sounds sparks an evening fest and introduction.
Then the party moves to Mosquito where The Remix Project along with a dj tag
team by Merlin & Mooney sets it off for late night. FM Goods and Sounds, 603
Glenwood Ave, Midtown Raleigh & Mosquito, 311 S. Harrington, Downtown Raleigh

Friday & Saturday - 4/6 & 4/7 - Douga Douga - Miami inspiration meets the
Midtown lounge. With djs Feinberg (Friday) and Keith (Saturday). 11p.
Mosaic, 517 W. Jones St., Midtown Raleigh - www.mosaicwinelounge.com

Sunday - 4/8 - Antibalas w/Jump n Funk - The 14 piece afrobeat band
conjures up the spirit of Fela while beatmaster Rich Medina brings the
amazing Jump n Funk vibe from the North. Not to miss! Cat's Cradle, 300 E.
Main St, Carrboro - www.myspace.com/antibalas & www.myspace.com/jumpnfunk

NOTE: Tickets for the 2nd annual SIGNAL (The Southeast Electronic Music
Festival) held from April 26 to 28 are on sale now. More info, as well as
the near completed final lineup, can be found at www.signalfest.com. To buy
tickets, click on 'SignalFest 2007', and then on 'Tickets'. Festival passes
sell for $30 until April 26 and $35 after. Event passes cost $16 and $18 for
the events at Cat's Cradle and $20 for the event at Penang.

Also happening:
Wed - 4/4 - Absinthe Night w/Midnite Cowbwoy (funk n' soul) @ Alibi
(Raleigh) - www.myspace.com/alibibar
Thu - 4/5 - Daliami w/Keith (house) @ Mosaic (Raleigh) -
www.mosaicwinelounge.com
Thu - 4/5 - Rendevouz w/Feinberg (lounge/house) @ Riviera (Raleigh) -

Thu - 4/5 - Kid Koala @ Arts Center (Carrboro) - www.kidkoala.com &
www.artscenterlive.org
Thu - 4/5 - Electronic Bliss (electronic dance night) @ Talullas (Chapel
Hill)

Thu - 4/5 - Latin Night @ RedRoom (Raleigh) - www.trianglefiesta.com

Thu - 4/5 - Open Mic @ Aries (Raleigh) - www.myspace.com/arieslounge
Thu - 4/5 - M.A.N.D.Y @ Cielo (NYC) -
www.cieloclub.com/flyer/2007/mar/mandy

Fri - 4/6 - Electrosole w/Keith (lounge/house), 6p-10p @ Redroom
(Raleigh)
Fri - 4/6 - dJ Mark T (hiphop/r&b) @ White Collar Crime (Raleigh)
Fri - 4/6 - Neu Romance First Friday (soul/house/hiphop, etc) @ Riviera
(Raleigh)
Fri - 4/6 - dJ Romaric (house) @ The L (Raleigh) -
www.myspace.com/romaric
Fri - 4/6 - First Friday Latin Night @ Spice Street (Chapel Hill) -
www.trianglefiesta.com
Fri - 4/6 - Julius the Mad Thinker @ @ Sullivan Room (NYC) -
www.myspace.com/themadthinker

Sat - 4/7 - Costamundo w/Keith (lounge/house), 6p-10p @ Redroom (Raleigh)
Sat - 4/7 - Euro w/dJ Romaric (house), 10p-2a @ Red Room (Raleigh) -
www.myspace.com/romaric
Sat - 4/7 - Ebb & Flow w/Dae (downtempo/house) @ Alivias Durham Bistro
(Durham) - www.aliviasdurhambistro.com
Sat - 4/7 - After School Special w/Silvaback and Uzi @ FUSE (Chapel
Hill)

Tue - 4/10 - ElectroBistro w/M.Maerk, guests (electronic) @ Fuse (Chapel
Hill )

Of Interest:
Art: The Dinosaur Show @ designbox (Raleigh) - www.designbox.us
More on Miami Winter Music Conference: blog.myspace.com/littlebrother

More on Not Dancing:
www.urb.com/permalink/507/Dancing-is-still-a-crime---in-Austin.html
Music: Southern Comfort - Anthony Hamilton -
www.myspace.com/anthonyhamilton
Smoking Balls - Idjut Boys
Shining Your Way - Jephte Guillaume
Nimba Groove - Abicah Soul