ch-scene - Re: Tuesday Indie Rock{offtopic}

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Glenn Boothe / Local 506" <gboothe2 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Tuesday Indie Rock{offtopic}
  • Date: 31 Jan 2006 10:45:08 -0800

>>glenn, the coupons for the local gigs at 506 is a great idea.
maybe that would motivate some people to drive outside of
durham/raleigh "all the way" to chapel hill.

OR, it doesn't have to be just 506. It could include all the clubs -
so if they bought the CD in Raleigh, it could be a free pass to Kings.
Heck, actually, each city or store could do it's on CD since there
isn't a lot of cross-over between the scenes as it is...

In thinking about this, and incorporating Sarah's initial thoughts,
maybe we could try this and have the bands pay a nominal fee to be on
it (along with the stores and venues) - that money would then be used
to advertise in the college papers to further drive traffic. actually,
we could probably get the paper to write an article about the idea (as
long as someone besides James contacts them, he's already proven they
dont' respond to him...)

We could also set up special shows to correllate around the CD. Hey,
hear three of these bands live on one night (as opposed to having to go
to three shows.)

glenn