ch-scene - Re: Tuesday Indie Rock at the Library and bigger issues

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "Glenn Boothe / Local 506" <gboothe2 AT earthlink.net>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Tuesday Indie Rock at the Library and bigger issues
  • Date: 30 Jan 2006 17:29:25 -0800

>one of his platform planks was the appointment of a rockshow scheduling czar
>who'd
make sure we'd never have to pick between 2 great shows on the same
night again.

Sorry if it seems I have a response to everything, but believe me,I
think about this shit alot. I have to. Anyway, I do my darndest to
not force people to have to pick between two shows...but more from my
perspective, I want as many people to come to my shows as possible.
I'll often balk at an indie-rock show if the Cradle is doing something
similar (or me regretfully having to pass on Acid Mother's Temple
because it's the same night as Apple Chill, and last year we took a
beating because of After Chill.)

I used to have one of my employees keep an competition log in Excel,
but now with less shows, I can kinda just scour the venue websites. I
bet I go to the Cradle site five times a day, if not more.

And that's also one of the reasons I try to update my calendar as far
in advance as I can. For example, in booking the Cities CD release
show, the label asked about competition. Since nothing was listed for
the date at Wetlands, I suggested we move forward, get it on the books,
so they can book around it. I'm sure Triplett feels the same way (of
course, his band Fin Fang Foom are now playing that show, so I feel
even better...) - glenn