ch-scene - Re: Tuesday Indie Rock{offtopic}

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: "chaz" <bullcityrocks AT gmail.com>
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Tuesday Indie Rock{offtopic}
  • Date: 31 Jan 2006 10:59:51 -0800

i dunno, i feel less bands would want to be on it for a fee, even only
like 5 bucks. makes more sense to just make these burned cds and give
them out, once money is brought into it, it becomes more complicated.
people like things simple.
burn a cd of mp3s and put them on the counter, could life get any more
simple than that?
once it kicks off, we can easily approach someone at a paper who has a
love for music (or the free event calendar listing) to mention
something about the cds. i think we've got a couple friends at various
papers.

i would rather see the scenes united and hand out a coupon for a venue
in another town, than down the street. we are the triangle after all
and it makes since to piece it all together. someone in chapel hill who
doesn't know what the hell bull city records is could get intrigued
with a 10% card, or someone shopping here could be amazed that such and
such amazing band is playing at kings or local 506 - and they didn't
even know the club existed!
i think we need to spread it out between the cities, show people that
20 minutes really isn't that far of a drive.