ch-scene - Re: Rhapsody for Macs

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Duncan Murrell <dvmurrell AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Rhapsody for Macs
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 13:12:45 -0500

Please do not mistake me for someone who knows anything. However, I have very easily taken files off my digital voice recorder, which records in the DSS audio format, converted them to MP3s using the player software that came with the recorder, and then moved them into my iTunes library and onto my iPod. The files even sound better in the iTunes player, but that's probably because the other software wasn't really designed for high-fidelity playback. So, if I can do it, the niece can do it. (I know nothing about emusic, however.)

What's more, if you're doing any transcribing of interviews, getting them on your mp3 player (in my case, an iPod mini) is really useful. I've found that I can rewind and play more precisely, and more intuitively, by having the little player sitting next to my keyboard. I don't have to reach for a mouse, I just have to press and hold a button to go back a few seconds.

I just realized that no one here asked about, or probably cares about, voice files for transcription. Never mind.