ch-scene - Re: Rhapsody for Macs

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Rossi <nospam AT spacelabstudio.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Rhapsody for Macs
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 12:33:26 -0500

Chris Calloway wrote:
bendy:
High bit rate mp3, and you can download them as many times as you
want.

please help this ipod ignint noob build his mental matrix. you've
heard peeps say, 'i'm just aking for a friend," and thought, yeah
right. well, i'm just asking for my little niece, who just got an
ipod from her doting grandparents. i have far too much to do in my
life to to manage gynormous lists of downloaded files, myself.

but, will an ipod load up mp3s off emusic in a straightforward way
(like, skipping the burn to cd step)?

I think, and someone who actually owns an ipod can confirm, that ITunes will suck in mp3s just fine and convert them more or less seamlessly to whatever format the ipod wants them in.

The thing to keep in mind for your neice, though, is if she is like most children she probably wants major label music which she isn't going to find on emusic. Or I don't know. Maybe she's way cooler at 9 than anybody I knew back then. Would she be into the Dischord catalog?

chris