ch-scene - Re: Rhapsody for Macs

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: ron thigpen <ron AT fuzzsonic.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Rhapsody for Macs
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 11:10:35 -0500

Chris Rossi wrote:

Yes. You can get about 30 seconds of any song in the catalog. You can preview an entire album with one click, and it just loads a playlist of 30 second snippets for each song.

And the preview snippets are the same high quality MP3 encodings as the full downloads (LAME 320kbps VBR, I think). Way better than that crap Amazon links to.

Check it out and see if you can get to the previews w/o being a member. I think maybe you can.

Oh, and if you haven't figured it out, I'm enjoying my eMusic subscription as well...

--rt