ch-scene - Re: Rhapsody for Macs

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Chris Calloway <ifoufo AT yahoo.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Rhapsody for Macs
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:23:03 -0800 (PST)

Il Rossi:
> The thing to keep in mind for your neice, though, is if she is like most
children she probably wants major label music which she isn't going to
find on emusic. Or I don't know. Maybe she's way cooler at 9 than
anybody I knew back then. Would she be into the Dischord catalog?

this is my reason for asking. she's eleven now. she lives out in nowhere, nc
where they only things she gets exposed to by chance are things that are
probably going to cause permanent brain damage if it keeps up. her tastes
land anywhere between toby keith, green day/good charlotte, and whatever is
being pushed by the disney channel xm station. her cultural influences are
already starting to inflict an
if-i-have-to-think-about-it-then-it's-too-much-effort attitude where she used
to be incredibly curious about things as recently as two years ago. maybe i'm
making a big deal out of nothing. i suppose my parents felt the same way when
all i wanted were beatles records. the toby keith thing really bothers me,
though.

3