ch-scene - Re: Off topic talk of..How'd my man do?

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: rcu AT duke.edu
  • To: ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Off topic talk of..How'd my man do?
  • Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 00:34:43 -0400

> There's still much open debate on if across the board roadblocks are legal
> or not

"General warrants, whereby an officer or other person may be commanded
to search suspected places WITHOUT EVIDENCE OF THE ACT COMMITTED, or to
seize any person or persons NOT NAMED, whose offense is not
PARTICULARLY DESCRIBED and SUPPORTED BY EVIDENCE, are DANGEROUS TO LIBERTY
and SHALL NOT BE GRANTED." (N.C. Const. I.20)

> [M]aybe next time you shouldn't carry a concealed fiream when you don't
> have a CCW.

Maybe next time I should try to kill my kidnappers instead of trusting them
to give me an impartial hearing.

> That's a law that they're perfectly correct in chucking you in the
> back of a cop car for violating

They were perfectly incorrect to be stopping or searching me in the
first place. If I'd done the same to them they'd've correctly charged me
with multiple felonies. Where did equality of rights go?

> and it's also a law that the majority of
> the population feels is perfectly reasonable.

Care to prove that by getting all the votes counted? Whole unrepealed
clauses of our state and federal Constitutions explicitly support my right
to possess my own property. The property category of weaponry is
made particular mention of. The Libertarian Party didn't ordain that. We
the People did.

> As a matter of fact, it
> makes the roadblock law *much less likely* to be overturned "See! We found
> a crazed, gun-toting libertarian! We _need_ this law!". Thanks a lot.

Your agents attacked me for acting within my rights. Thank yourself; they're
your rights too.

> (side note: Yes, you have a right to keep and bear arms, but keep your
> paperwork up to date.

The Constitution is my paperwork. Obey it or amend it, don't suspend it.

> Do you also not get your car inspected because you
> refuse to recognize the authority of the local Jiffy Lube?)

No but they refused to give me the sticker for it because I couldn't keep
the registration up to date, because the DMV said I owed a tax, but I
didn't, because I was not given an equal counted vote in the election of
those who set the tax.

That was then. I have not been able to keep a good car maintenance
budget going since the trial knocked me for such a loop. I am pretty
confined to bicycling now. Or will you send gunmen to stop me from doing
that too?

In simplest terms I would like to understand why you think I should have
been harmed (15-20 court calls of time-wasting spread out over two
years before a jury was empaneled; $1500 fine; permanent loss of two
guns; loss of right to possess weapons for a year) when I had caused no
harm myself.

> Note, too, while your entry into the car may have been somewhat less
> dignified than a person of your political stature is used to

:)

>, you were not treated to a baton hairstyling, broken thumbs, or death.

A threat of death started the whole incident. Your armed goon Harry
Bennett stopped me out of the blue in the middle of Main Street in the
middle of the night and ordered me to
submit to a search for no reason. If I did that to you you would call
it kidnapping. But when it's done to me I should consider it a favor
because y'all didn't just shoot me right when I first "resisted arrest"
by asserting my right not to be interrogated?