ch-scene - Re: Ditch The Guns II

ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: RTP-area local music and culture

  • From: Bo Williams <bo AT mrboboto.com>
  • To: RTP-area local music and culture <ch-scene AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: Ditch The Guns II
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 14:08:35 -0400

I've dug deep in my bookmarks but can't seem to find it, so I'll ask:

There was a great webpage focusing on analyzing common rhetorical gambits. It listed several dozen common false gambits used in bad rhetoric and strategies for defusing each of them. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about? I've tried googling for it but got nowhere fast. Thanks, and sorry to waste your time if you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Bo

James Hepler wrote:
Someone should ban fetuses.

Hep

--- Bo Williams <bo AT mrboboto.com> wrote:

You sure convinced me. I'm going to go buy a gun and
shoot a couple dozen fetuses, because compared to cars it's just a
drop in the bucket right?

Bo

Michael Warren wrote:

Just some thoughts...
Arguing about guns is like arguing about abortion

or religion.
You're not going to change anybodys mind.
Automobiles probably kill more people than guns

do; why not ban them?

I wonder what the national statistics are for

folks who die from being

stabbed, strangled, poisoned, beaten to death, or

run down intentionally

with a car?
mw

-- ch-scene: the list that mirrors