cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Color Coding Badges (Drawing)

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Wouter Vanden hove <wouter.vanden.hove AT telenet.be>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Color Coding Badges (Drawing)
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 01:14:53 +0200

Hi Terry,

Great work on the color scheme.

It's great to see someone pick up this simple idea again.
We discussed it three years ago on the cc-edu list.
https://lists.ibiblio.org/sympa/arc/cc-education/2003-August/000009.html

Terry wrote:
"Free as in freedom" but "Free as in speech".
Any opinions on which is better in this context?

To me, "Free as in speech" seems to refer to someone *opinions*
more than "Free as in freedom".

And Stallman uses "Only Verbatim Copying" for his *opinions*,
which equal to a "No-Derivative"-clause.

So for FSF-licenses, GPL & LGPL, I would vote for "Free as in freedom"

Wouter
vrijschrift.org
opencursus.org

xan