cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Color Coding Badges (Drawing)

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Terry Hancock <hancock AT anansispaceworks.com>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Color Coding Badges (Drawing)
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 02:26:27 +0000

Ali Baba wrote:
NB: Richard Stallman's favourite and well-known phrase is not exactly
"Free as in freedom" but "Free as in speech".

Yeah, you're right, though I've heard both (and both are logical, although
"free as in speech" requires you to substitute "free as in 'free speech'" in
your mind (i.e. it hinges on knowing the rhetoric surrounding the latter).

I know I've seen the phrase used, and not just as the title of the biographical
book from O'Reilly, though.

Any opinions on which is better in this context?

Cheers,
Terry