cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Color Coding Badges (Drawing)

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: "Erik Moeller" <eloquence AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts" <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Color Coding Badges (Drawing)
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 01:38:43 +0200

Excellent work, Terry, and I like your color choices. I would actually
prefer copyleft and public domain to have the same color (green), to
express the notion that both are free content as per the free content
definition that is being developed:

http://freecontentdefinition.org/

The split between BSD-style/PD and copyleft is of course a political
one, and whatever choice you make therefore has political
implications. It's your (and Creative Commons') call whether you want
to highlight that split. But this is very much needed, and I fully
support it.

I like the "Your rights removed" button. ;-) (What's the "1" for?) I
don't see why there is a "CC" logo in the "All rights reserved"
button, though. Shouldn't that be a traditional (C) logo?

Erik