cc-licenses - Re: [cc-licenses] Color Coding Badges (Drawing)

cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Development of Creative Commons licenses

  • From: Ali Baba <mail.alibaba AT free.fr>
  • To: Discussion on the Creative Commons license drafts <cc-licenses AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [cc-licenses] Color Coding Badges (Drawing)
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2006 00:11:45 +0200

Personnaly, I would set PD to "white", to express that it is absolutely blank, there is no obligation left whatsoever. Then I would set "Free as is speech" licenses to blue (I prefer blue over green, since for me green is more like "Free as in beer"), and "Some rights reserved" to Yellow. "All rights reserved" should be red to express that you are not granted any right. And I would set EULA-"Your rights removed" to black, not red, to show that it goes further than just not granting rights, and that it is a "dark arts" kind of thing.

NB: Richard Stallman's favourite and well-known phrase is not exactly "Free as in freedom" but "Free as in speech".