baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 Internet Radio was mplayer, was Re: Flash and Youtube

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 Internet Radio was mplayer, was Re: Flash and Youtube
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 20:42:08 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 18 Apr 2011, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Compaq Presario 1200 XL106 (32MB onboard RAM, 64MB added - can take 128
chip), 475MHz AMD-K6-2 cpu, combination video/sound chip with Trident
video and via82cxxx_audio sound)

As someone mentioned, this is not a very linux-compatible computer, but it does work with pulp linux and sound, including mplayer.

However, Firefox 2 does not work (illegal instruction).
Opera 9 semi-works (menu is missing).
Seamonkey 1.1.19 works best (in 130% of the 96MB RAM) and I was able to click on wcpe's mp3 or wma links but no sound,

Downloading the pls or asx to tmp and trying to play with mplayer reveals that avisynth.dll is missing. BL2 does not have it either. Yet another new codec. For some reason the stations insist on using a video codec to play audio (sometimes also flash).

I did not test if these browsers work in BL2 yet.

Same problem at a few stations using mplayer with the URL.

I tested some scripts for classical stations that used to work with mplayer and packaged the few that still work as
http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/classm.tgz

Sindi Keesan