baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 Internet Radio was mplayer, was Re: Flash and Youtube

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 Internet Radio was mplayer, was Re: Flash and Youtube
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2011 00:11:33 +0000 (UTC)

Re mplayer for -586 with video support.

The video version plays DVDs with -vo vesa (did not check svga or fbdev)

fbdev also works. vga=788 when you boot for fullscreen.

On a 19" HP pavilion f1903 LCD monitor every single format had a dialog box onscreen telling you the resolution was wrong (while playing at this resolution) and svga worked.

svga does not work here. First I had to load a module then I was told it could not find EGA or VGA. Fails with most LCD screens.

mplayer -ao oss -vo vesa -hardframedrop dvd://1
or -vo fbdev (for framebuffer capable video)

Re flash, Steven had once posted the name of a website that let
you download flv videos without java. I can't find it now.