baslinux - Re: [BL] BL2 Internet Radio was mplayer, was Re: Flash and Youtube

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL2 Internet Radio was mplayer, was Re: Flash and Youtube
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 23:06:46 +0000 (UTC)

Compaq Presario 1675 64MB onboard RAM and one slot that should take up to 128MB but will not recognize any added memory (including pc66, pc100, 32-128MB). Not usable with even Seamonkey 1. Works fine with nongraphical browsers lynx and links. Nice 1024 resolution, good keyboard and sound. esssolo1 sound driver works perfectly with oss.
380MHz (overclocked to 400 says the previous owner).

The memory slot stopped working since it was given to me (with Win2K which runs awfully slowly now).

The mplayer 0.93 i586 cpu detection that I compiled plays internet radio (classicalwebcast.com has quite a few links that work with lynx browser, including pls, ram, asx).

The video version plays DVDs with -vo vesa (did not check svga or fbdev)
but the output is highly pixelated (large colored squares) possibly because there is no MMX2 or SSE support in the cpu to speed things up and the cpu is not fast enough without this. This mplayer plays DVDs okay at 2.7GHz even without MMX2.

I also have a 333MHz DELL with lots of RAM and DVD drive which probably won't play DVDs very well either.

This makes a perfect internet radio with BL.

Opera 9 loads quickly and plays an asx link (CPR) and a pls links (also CPR) at classicalwebcast.com

Sindi Keesan