baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 and SCSI

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 and SCSI
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 03:07:08 +0000 (UTC)

As discussed before, that will not work because
initfs.gz is looking for /baslin/fs.img on an
IDE drive. It does not look on an scsi drive.
For the DOS version to work, you need to use
a modified initfs.gz

As mentioned in a recent posting (which you may have missed), I made a initfs2.gz http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/initfs2.gz which looks for sda1 sda4 and xda1 (mfm drive), not just hda1 etc. (IDE partitions).

I also get this error in the boot time text:
SCSI <fdomain> detection failed, no card found.
So it doesn't detect any SCSI disks.

I don't have any SCSI hardware so I do not know
how bzimage.big works with SCSI. It probably
needs a module (or two) to work.

So it appears that, even though I'm using a kernel
with SCSI support in it, it still can't detect my
SCSI disks.

Sindi, I think, has a SCSI drive. She might be
able to tell us whether bzimage.big works with
SCSI (or whether it requires additional modules).

My scsi drive is not currently in a computer because the onboard scsi failed. Someone gave me 20 or so rackmount computers that use scsi drives but they don't seem to fit my drives.

Steven posted the config for it:

CONFIG_SCSY=y You do not need scsi_mod.o
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SD=Y You do not need sd_mod.o
If you do try to insert these modules it will probably crash.
If it were =M you could insert the modules but this kernel has the drivers built in.

I think the first thing you need to do is get a kernel
that finds your SCSI drive. I suggest you download
the SCSI bzimage from Slackware 7.1. You will fin
it in the /kernels/scsi.s directory.

bzimage.big ought to work.