baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 and SCSI

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 and SCSI
  • Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2008 11:39:41 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

> If you want to post a scsi-capable initfs.gz
> I can put a scsi drive into a computer (probably
> as a second drive since I am not good at getting
> DOS to boot from a scsi drive),

Don't bother. I thought you had a scsi system already
set up. I think the simplest solution would be to use
the floppy version.

(1) get bzimage.big, scsi_mod and sd_mod from BL3 site
(2) copy bzimage.big, scsi_mod and sd_mod to a floppy
(3) boot BL3 (floppy version) on scsi system
(4) mount floppy with scsi_mod and sd_mod
(5) insmod scsi_mod and sd_mod
(6) try mounting harddrive
(7) if HD works, create partition and install
(8) cp bzimage.big to /boot directory of new partition
(9) configure lilo.conf to point to bzimage.big