baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 and SCSI

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 and SCSI
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 20:44:05 +0000 (UTC)

Please set your mail program not to send html in addition to the plain text.

The floppy version does not need to access your scsi drive.

Install to hard drive and then boot with alternative kernel bzimage.big (2.2.26) from the BL site, which has built-in support for scsi hard drives. It also supports (without needing modules) SCSI tape, cd-rom, cd burner, zip drive.

To boot with this kernel using the DOS loop setup, you would need to modify a file to point at /dev/sda1 instead of /dev/hda1 (etc hd's).
It is complicated.

Sindi Keesan