baslinux - Re: [BL] dbf to sql convertor, was Re: Spanish dollybase,

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] dbf to sql convertor, was Re: Spanish dollybase,
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 21:34:30 +0000 (UTC)

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/sqlite-3.5.9-glibc225.tgz

sqlite 3
Also imports csv files.

dbf convertor can convert dbf to csv, a much shorter format.
I am hoping any garbage will get removed from my file by converting dbf to csv and thence to sqlite db format.

Precompiled sqlite3 requires glibc 2.3, as does precompiled MaPiVi photo manager and the general purpose 9MB (up from 5MB) opera 9.51 tar.gz (the slackware 8.0 package at the opera site might need just glibc 2.2).

Upgrading to 2.3.1 from Slackware 9 the traditional way, to use for
compiling, requires a 14MB glibc package. Just running precompiled programs requires a 1MB glibc solibs package.

I will attempt to install the smaller solibs package, and then just the includes that go into /usr/include from the full glibc 2.3.1 package (no docs, info, man, zoneinfo, other stuff related to internationalization).
And /usr/lib/libc_nonshared.a which is needed occasionally for compiling certain programs.

If this messes things up, the fix is to delete the added libraries using
another version of BL (BL3 to fix BL2) and run ldconfig (or relink by hand with ln -s).

I am hoping the new headers (/usr/include/) can just go on top of the old ones. They are plain text and the ones from glibc 2.2.5 worked in uclibc.