baslinux - Re: [BL] dbf to sql convertor, was Re: Spanish dollybase,

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] dbf to sql convertor, was Re: Spanish dollybase,
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2008 15:17:26 +0000 (UTC)

I converted postamt.dbf (327 bytes) to postamt.sql (501 bytes - longer because each record starts with the string INSERT INTO postamt VALUES(
to postamt.db (3072 bytes). The sqlite .db file has long stretches of absolute garbage ^@ at the beginning and end.

I converted my larger dbf file from dbf to db and it grew from 430K to 960K, more than double. It also has long stretches of caret-atsign
in between records.

This sort of resembles DNA - long stretches of meaningless repeats.
I may experiment with removing them and see what happens.

Sindi Keesan