baslinux - [BL] Spanish dollybase, was Re: DBF database package xdb-1.2.0 for glibc225

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Spanish dollybase, was Re: DBF database package xdb-1.2.0 for glibc225
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 17:21:52 +0000 (UTC)

I have posted dollybase (dbase) and the pdf help file converted to text
as http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/dollybase.tgz (about 90K)

glibc 2.2.5
Needs also shared (.so) libgpm libform libmenu libncurses
I don't see any way to remove the gpm dependency.

The instructions are in Spanish. The program is in English. I have not got it to import its own test file books.dbf. CDBF will import that.

I created a small sample file without entries, and CDBF database program says it is incorrect format. dollybase is set to create dBase II. I could change to III or IV in theory, but when I try 'SET VERSION has no effect since is not implemented in libdollybase' (prealpha)

-lform -lmenu and -lcurses instruct ld to link against dynamic libraries libform libmenu and libcurses

What on earth is -ll ? The search engines won't search on it for me.

How would I compile for libc5 when I also have glibc in my BL? Do I edit the Makefile or tell configure where to look for libc?

-----------------
dollybase - 2005 prealpha version.

The program is supposed to view, edit, and export dbf files (to SQL, CSV,
HTML) and import PostgreSQL.

It won't compile (in BL2, where I have ncurses as required)
Compiles the libraries and then gets stuck:
gcc -w -I ./src/header -I ./libdbase -I ./src/lxdialog
src/dbase.c -o dbase libdbase/.libs/libdbase_0.1_s.a
src/cdk/libcdk.a -lcurse -ll -lmenu -lform
/usr/i386-slackware-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -ll

Exited with Error 1 after compiling libdbase libraries correctly (I also
compiled them in a separate package).

I removed the -ll from two places in Makefile and it then compiled but
would not work ('This kink [sic] of file' is not supported, even its own
sample file). It did display things in overlapping console 'windows' but
would not view any dbf files.

What is -ll? An online search was not helpful/understandable. Am I
missing some piece needed to compile? It uses flex which I do have, and
ar and ncurses and curses.

Steven, could you compile this program for BL3.50? I can't be the only BL
user with leftover .dbf files from DOS. The only three DOS programs I
still use are Wordperfect, a small CAD program, and a couple of database
viewers/editors (CDBF in DOS is less buggy than in linux).

dollybase-0.1-prealpha-noruntime.tar.gz is the source code